Monday, April 17, 2006

Top 4 Blog Quotes Of The Day

Listed in order of preference.

From Bookslut: To be fair, I can see where "hell" and "damn" would shock the people of Reno, Nevada. When you're driving down the street, minding your own business, looking out the window at a drunk businessman having oral sex with a transvestite heroin dealer, and Sophie B. Hawkins' "Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover" comes on the radio, it's all you can do to not swerve off the road in abject shock. (To be fair, this one came from 4/14/06, but I didn't surf much over the weekend, so I just saw it today.)

From Crooked Timber: Hitlery turns US soveriegnty over to the UN and they implement Sharia law using unstoppable black helicopters? I’m not being snarky here; I really want to know. (Snarky is such a wonderful albeit underused term)

From The Bull Moose: This morning, the lead story in the New York Times may stir the slumber of our sanguine sophisticates, (Gotta love the alliteration)

From Andrew Sullivan: Maybe Hillary should choose a kind of doting, proud father figure-- not someone as old and daft as Senator Byrd, but along those general lines. Or she could cast her number two as the loyal, devoted, supportive mate that her real husband has never been but that every ambitious woman dreams of having. This might be a job for John Kerry. They could hug a lot, and then he could stand aside -- and down a step -- and nod and smile and give her the thumbs-up sign while she orates horizonward about her 'vision.' (Ambitious women really dream of having John Kerry?)

No comments:

My Favorite Stuff In 2018: Coffee, Stationery, & Folding Knives Edition

I hope to become an adult before I collect Medicare, but the odds aren't very good. I nerd out about a lot of stuff: comics, coffee, fou...