Sunday, August 26, 2007

I've Discovered Who I Am

This morning, I came to realize that I share more with the Incredible Hulk than I want to admit.

I willingly concede that I do not have Bruce Banner's intellect or the Hulk's massive physique or prodigious strength. I am, however, reasonably intelligent, and I am a rather large man.

The resemblance becomes greater when I admit that rage is my controlling emotion. Like the Hulk, I'm perpetually angry. According to my wife, that rage is probably shortening my life. Like the Hulk, I want the stupid, puny humans to leave me alone. When they don't, I want to smash.

I wish that I could be a wisecracking Spiderman or the ever lovin' blue-eyed Thing. They seem too optimistic.

All this introspection, has got me wondering if the comic book creators haven't created some broad modern archetypes. The Kirk, Spock, McCoy triumvirate seem to fit some of the NT, NF, SJ Myers-Briggs or Keirsey-Bates types. Maybe comics, with their wider range of characters have developed examples of the full 16 temperament types.

No comments:

My Favorite Stuff In 2018: Coffee, Stationery, & Folding Knives Edition

I hope to become an adult before I collect Medicare, but the odds aren't very good. I nerd out about a lot of stuff: comics, coffee, fou...