Thursday, July 12, 2007

Some Comics Reviews

The local comics book shop (lcbs) is about 90 miles away. Yesterday, I spent around $20 in gas to buy $20 in books, probably not a good investment unless the psychic reward was really pretty big.

Omega Flight #4--I'm liking Talisman as a character. Beta Ray Bill needs to up the hammer usage a lot. The fight scenes just seemed confusing. Grade: C

JSA #7--I know that I'm close to AARP range, but I really had forgotten about the Nazi's raiding the picnic and I'm not sure that I needed to see that skirmish resolved. I like the idea that it takes time adjust to new super powers--the sidewalk and hospital floor destruction was amusing. The Superman/Starman exchange reminds me of conversations that I've had with my father--you know the one's that happen when fathers and sons talk past each other. The ending was too sentimental. Grade: B-

Dynamo5 #5--Great book--but the late? Captain Dynamo's illegitimate daughter doing an open mouth kiss with his widow--seriously, a little creepy no matter what form she's taking. Grade A-

The H1ghwaymen #1--I missed this one when it originally came out a few weeks ago. I like the old guys getting back in the game motif. It's worth looking at some more. Grade B+

WWH--Gamma Force--I bought it but I couldn't force myself to start it. I think that Marvel's release schedule turns the simple Hulk SMASH into a bewildered WTF? Plus, this one seems to be set long before Hulk was sent to Planet Hulk. Grade: Incomplete, but not looking too promising

GPA: C+ with the incomplete counting as a 0. I got Sonic limeade, so the trip was probably worth it.

No comments:

My Favorite Stuff In 2018: Coffee, Stationery, & Folding Knives Edition

I hope to become an adult before I collect Medicare, but the odds aren't very good. I nerd out about a lot of stuff: comics, coffee, fou...